Trying to do that thing where I keep track of stuff I'm doing every day. Not logging everything, of course, but it's good to look back on the day to make sure I managed my time with excellence!
- Woke up WAY TOO EARLY for a Monday. (Worship leader hangover, anyone?) But we had some folks working at the house and I had to get outta' there.
- While kids got ready for school, fired up the blog and worked on a What We Did post. Been a long time since I did one of those.
- Drove to church and did a FaceTime write with a worship leader pal named Jon Nicholas. We're super close to getting this song done! We're stuck on the second verses but hope to finish it very soon. We're writing a song for an upcoming missions/generosity emphasis at Jon's church.
- Worked on a couple of demos. I've given myself a goal of releasing a Bethel South version of the hymn, "The King Of Love My Shepherd Is." Primarily, I'm doing it to give myself a project where I can learn Logic Pro. But it will be nice to have a version that's arranged the way we do it. I'm also trying to finish a (very) simple demo of "He Leadeth Me" for our band to learn. I couldn't find a version I liked that was in a singable key, so I'm trying to build one. Couldn't get far on this one because I loaned out a guitar this weekend. All I had at the office was an old acoustic with terrible action, so my chords weren't sounding too good.
- Worked on some financial stuff to get ready for the Songs For Singing releases this summer.
- Picked up Jonah from school and took him to the orthodontist, then we came home. Worked on some songwriting and podcast stuff until 5 or so.
- Dinner with the family, then a walk around the neighborhood.