I love worship music. It's, by far, the most played thing on my phone on any given day. I thought it would be fun to give you a list of all the tunes currently in my worship playlist with brief descriptions as to why I'm listening.
And, of course, I'd love to know what you're listening to and why. Comment below! If you're a Spotify user, you're welcome to follow my playlist to join me in listening to these tunes. For tracks that aren't on Spotify, I import them from my personal library and make them a part of an offline playlist, which means there may be a few songs you can't access as a "follower" of my playlist.
- High And Lifted Up (CCV Music) - I love this album from CCV and this tune in particular has a melody I just can't give up. Don't know that I'd lead this one, but I sure like it.
- I Surrender (CCV Music) - This song is amazing to me. Subtle the whole way through until the outro, compelling melody and a fresh take on surrender as a theme. Would love to lead this one.
- Sing It Over Me (Tommy Walker) - This is in the list for two reasons. First of all, it's a JAM! Secondly, we're adding this one to the catalog at Bethel soon, so I'm getting it into my head.
- I Have A Hope (Tommy Walker) - Same.
- Only You (Young Oceans) - I've liked this song for a long time and noticed a few weeks ago they had a new version featuring Evan Wickham. This one is slightly more conversational and the harmonies on it are beautiful.
- Start A Fire (Unspoken) - My dad has wanted me to lead this song for at least a year. I think it's too wordy to be a worship tune, but I think our band would kill it. I'm 50/50 on if this one is doable at church.
- One True God (Steven Curtis Chapman) - I got really into the SCC worship album when it came out, but kinda' forgot about it. Some friends have mine have been leading this one and I'm thinking of using it too. Singable chorus...and that drum fill!
- God OF Forever (Steven Curtis Chapman) - This one is giving One True God some competition. I think the verses are a little tougher for a crowd to sing, though.
- God Undefeatable (Ross King) - It's odd that I've never led this song as it's written by one of my good friends and has been a favorite worship song of mine for years. This one is in the list because it is most definitely gonna' show up at our church.
- Chain Breaker (Zach Williams) - I want to do this song BAD. It fits perfectly with the sort of Gospel blues vibe we've been trying at church. Wish the bridges was a bit longer - with maybe a guitar break!
- Lion And The Lamb (Leeland Mooring) - I have spoken many times about my discomfort doing songs from Bethel Redding. This one is on the playlist for pure personal enjoyment and blessing. For what it's worth, I suspect it's not that singable live, but I'm just guessing on that. I do like the song a whole lot.
- Jesus (Chris Tomlin) - I can't decide on this song. I really really like the chorus but the rest of it is soooooo Tomlin-y. Apart from the chorus, it seems too predictable. I'm not a huge fan of the song, but when I find something that's on the radio that I can pull off live, I gotta' give it a shot.
- Facing A Task Unfinished (Keith and Kristyn Getty) - This is actually the whole album, not just one song. I love the Gettys and I think they've created some amazing new stuff, especially the uptempo songs. Hymns are hard to pull off with a lot of energy, but the Gettys have become real pros. Plus there's a full on choir on the record, which makes it a studio album that sounds live and I love that. I've bailed on a few songs, but I'm still enjoying digging in.
Your turn...what are YOU listening to?